Effective Date: [Date], 2021
By accessing or using our website, mobile applications (“apps”) if applicable, or submitting information to us, or otherwise agreeing to this Policy, you understand and consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described herein.
Please note that this Policy does not apply to our processing of personal information on behalf of and subject to the instructions of third parties.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information when we interact with you and in otherwise conducting our business activities. This personal information may include your name, mailing address, billing address, phone number, information related to your purchase of our products or services; participation in a membership or loyalty program, participation in a rebate or discount program; participation in a contest, sweepstakes, or other marketing program; payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information; marketing and communication preferences,; reviews and opinions about us (if they are identified or associated with you); information provided on membership and account applications; information submitted through forms on our websites; your search queries on our websites; details of your visits to our websites including traffic data, location data, logs, IP address, operating system, browser type; and other types of information that you choose to provide us or that we may obtain about you.
We may also collect information related to conversations, including records or copies of your written correspondence or verbal communications with us or other communications such as website chat support, in-app messages, or SMS.
We collect personal information in certain common cases, such as:
When you dine at one of our restaurants or when you contact us online or by telephone to make a reservation or order and purchase food and beverages for takeout or delivery, we may collect certain information including name, address, telephone number, credit card information, debit card information or other payment information; goods purchased, and amounts paid. We collect this information, in order to provide our food, beverages and services to you. The personal information described in this paragraph is the “Dining Data.”
If you choose to participate in DineHub-sponsored social media activities or offerings, we may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your settings within the social media service, such as location, check-ins, activities, interests, photos, status updates and friend list. We collect this information for the purpose of providing you with information about our products and services. The personal information described in this paragraph is the “Social Data.”
We may collect personal information through surveys in which you may choose to participate. The information we may collect includes first name, last name; age or date of birth; address; e-mail address; telephone number; quality of food; quality of service; best dishes; purchase history, habits, and preferences; and other individual survey responses as indicated at the time of collection. We collect this information to better understand our customers’ preferences, evaluate our products and services, improve our products and services, and provide information to our customers about our products and services. The personal information described in this paragraph is the “Survey Data.”
Automatically Collected Personal Information:
By their nature, our website and apps also automatically collect some personal information about you. In order for you to view or interact with our website or apps, we receive individual identifiers like your IP address and some network information like the date and time of pages visited. We may collect this personal information even if you are not logged in. We collect some personal information automatically using cookies or other tracking technologies as described below in Section 7. The personal information automatically collected may be collected by or on behalf of third parties who may provide us inferences or aggregate reporting based on analysis of such personal information. The personal information described in this paragraph is the “Use Data.”
We collect information in the context of your role as an applicant to or an employee of our business. The personal information we collect in these cases may include name; social security number; address; date of birth; gender; race; ethnicity; bank account and routing number; tax filing status; emergency contact information; telephone number; family member names; educational background and employment history; criminal background; medical provider information; dependent name(s), date of birth, gender and address; medical insurance provider compensation and benefits data; workplace; and title. We use this information for the purposes of evaluating qualifications related to your job application; your job duties and performance; or for providing compensation, benefits, and services in the context of the employment relationship. We may also collect geolocation and other vehicular information from our company-owned vehicles driven by employees that we use to track, evaluate, and maintain those vehicles. The personal information described in this paragraph is the “Employee Data.”
In addition to the information we collect from you directly, we may also infer information about you based on the information you provide to us or from other information we collect.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources in addition to those means of collection indicated above, including offline or through sources unrelated to your interaction with our websites or apps. For example, from publicly accessible sources (e.g., property records); directly from a third party, (e.g., credit reporting agencies or customer due diligence providers); or from a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank). We may merge or co-mingle that personal information with the personal information we maintain about you and other data collected on or through our website.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the reasons set forth above, we collect your personal information for the following reasons:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use; provided that the personal information is not disclosed to a third party and is not used to build a profile about a consumer or otherwise alter an individual consumer’s experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Performing services on to behalf of our business, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business;
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration; and
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business.
5. LIMITED USE
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably determine we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If you wish to receive an explanation as to how the processing for a particular purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us via the information specified in the Contact section below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE MAY PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT, IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE ABOVE RULES, WHERE THIS IS REQUIRED OR PERMITTED BY LAW.
6. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to provide you with the best products and services, we share your personal information among our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties as described below.
- DineHub Companies. We may share some or all of your personal information with our parent company and entities under shared corporate control (“DineHub Companies”) for the purposes described in Section 4 above.
- Commercial Customers. We supply services and products to businesses that offer their own consumer services and products (“Commercial Customers”). We share personal information with our Commercial Customers for the purposes described in Section 4 above.
- Fulfillment Providers. We share personal information with companies that help us fulfill requests and orders for products and services (“Fulfillment Providers”) including but not limited to, delivery and credit card processing.
- Service Providers. We may, from time to time, use business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors (“Service Providers”) to assist us with the provision of services to you (for example, without limitation, website hosting, app design, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, app analytics, billing, payment processing, fraud protection, credit risk reduction, marketing, or improvement of services). These Service Providers have access to your personal information only to perform the respective tasks assigned to them on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Third Parties. In addition to third parties in the foregoing categories, we may share personal information with the following categories of third parties: Data Analytics Providers as defined in Section 7, government entities, internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, and social networks. For the purposes of this Statement, “third party” or “third parties” means third party as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act, and includes parties that may sell, retain, use, or disclose personal information for certain purposes beyond the limited scope of our contract or direct business relationship with such entities.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your permission.
- Compliance with Laws. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties in response to lawful requests when we believe disclosure or sharing is necessary to comply with any legal obligation, enforce or apply our terms and conditions, respond to claims and legal process, protect our services, members, dealers, our rights and/or the safety of the public or any person, or prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity (including for the purposes of fraud protection).
- Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets. We may share some or all of your personal information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company or individual acquires our business, or assets, that company or individual will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
- Other Legitimate Business Purposes. We may also disclose your personal information when it may be necessary for other legitimate purposes as reasonably determined by us and as permitted by law.
7. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may use different types of cookies when providing different types of web-related services. If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. Cookies allow us to identify and authenticate visitors, track aggregate behavior, and enable important service features. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies are used to maintain your browser state as you browse through services, and they expire when you close your browser. A persistent Cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period, and we use that to identify you should you return to services and want to find information you had previously entered or accessed.
We may also contract with analytics services, third-party affiliate services, and third-party advertising companies to collect similar information. These cookies allow the ad servers to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement, and compile information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows such Ad Networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
You may disable cookies through your web browser. For information about opting out of these collection services, please see the Your Choices section below.
Web Beacons/Tags.We may automatically collect aggregate anonymous information through files embedded in our services and emails known as “web beacons.” We may deliver a web beacon to you through our services from an Advertising Network with which we have contracted. Web beacons allow third parties to provide anonymized and aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for us. Web beacons also allow us to tell whether email recipients are able to properly view messages or if email messages have been opened, to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to users. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to personal information.
Flash LSOs.When we post videos, third parties may use local shared objects, known as “Flash cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. The cookie management tools provided by many popular browsers will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage Flash cookie privacy and storage settings, click here:
- BY USING OUR WEBSITE, YOU GIVE CONSENT FOR US TO SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THESE PROCESSORS, AND FOR THEM TO TRANSFER THIS INFORMATION ONWARD TO THEIR PARTNERS IN CONNECTION WITH PROVIDING YOU SERVICES.
8. OPTING OUT
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
Promotional and Other Emails.You may choose during the account registration processes on one of our websites, or otherwise, to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other materials related to our services. You can stop receiving these emails by sending a request to the email address in the Contact Us section below. If you decide not to receive these emails, we may still send you communications related to your current or former membership.
Our services may use behavioral advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our websites so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our website, or on other websites not operated by us. If you do not want third parties who collect information about your use of our services, you can opt-out of such at the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING SERVICES. IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
You may learn more about the use of information by and opting-out of analytics from our third-party provider by visiting its opt-out page at the following links:
https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Cookies.You may disable, or delete cookies in your Web browser, but doing so may impact the usability of the website. To block cookies, you can also browse our service using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “In Private” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc.).
Do Not Track.Our website does not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” requests available through many popular web browsers.
9. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF INFORMATIONYour personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Therefore, in some circumstances, you might be left without a legal remedy in the event of a privacy breach or other use that is prohibited in your country. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storage and/or processing, including all associated risks.
10. INFORMATION SECURITYNo method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We make efforts to protect your personal information from improper or unauthorized loss, misuse, access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. If you have questions about the security of your personal information, contact us at the email or regular mail address specified in the Contact section below.
11. DATA RETENTIONWe will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
12. THIRD-PARTY LINKSOur websites or apps may contain links to other websites or apps. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites or apps. You should read the policy statement of these other websites or apps to understand their policies. When you access linked websites or apps, you may be disclosing private information. It is your responsibility to keep such information private and confidential.
14. CONTACT US
If you have questions regarding this Policy, its appendices, or our treatment of your personal information, you may contact us at:
412 West Broadway #4112
Long Beach, CA 90802
Copyright © 2021 DineHub. All rights reserved.